Social media platforms have become an enormous part of our everyday lives, as they allow us to connect with other people, share experiences, and essentially embrace and promote our lives whilst also socializing and networking on an unprecedented level when compared to how we did so in the past.
Social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter have generated trillions of dollars worth of revenue but have one fatal flaw, and that is the fact that they are controlled by big corporations that can censor and block what we see as well as do on top of their networks.
As such, today, we are going to be diving deeper into everything you need to know surrounding crypto social media platforms.
Crypto Social Media Platform
Blockchain technology has been one of the most revolutionary developments throughout recent history, as it has seen a tremendous level of utilization and has provided more people than ever before access to different financial services with Decentralized Finance (DeFi), and will carry on to provide people with censorship-resistant social media networks in the future.
Let’s go over some of the key features that you need to know surrounding Crypto social networks and how they can leverage blockchain technology in order to remain on top as decentralized social crypto platforms.
Key Features of Crypto Social Network
There are numerous features of crypto social networks, and they are:
- Crypto social networks utilize decentralized and permissionless blockchain protocols as a means of building and facilitating the connection as well as the content-sharing functionality between people.
- Due to the fact that most crypto social networks are built on top of a public ledger that is connected to an underlying blockchain, it is fully decentralized and not owned by a single corporation or company, which means that nobody can control what content can be banned, restricted, or censored.
- Anyone from anywhere in the world can connect their cryptocurrency wallet or just create an account at these crypto social networks without needing to enter much or any personal information, ensuring a high level of security, privacy, and anonymity.
- Nobody from any country in the world will be blocked from accessing these crypto social networks as all of them can be easily accessed from anywhere due to their decentralized structure.
- Through leveraging the power of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), crypto social networks can feature avatars and images that are only controlled by their users, which means that there is no company in the back-end that can take those images and use them for other purposes or get ownership rights over them.
Why Social Media is Important for Crypto
Social media platforms are essential by default to the way we as humans function. Our civilization has required and has been dependent on people organizing their thoughts as well as ideas throughout numerous social groups.
It is in our instincts that we want to share experiences and thoughts with others and gain information, opinions, or at some points in time, even entertainment from them.
This fact is also true in the crypto space, as each one of us aims to share specific crypto-related news on social media platforms. Today, this is accomplished on Discord, Telegram, Medium, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, all of which are centralized platforms.
Based on data from Google Trends, it is clear that the interest in crypto social media is healthy.
Crypto social media is important as it will lead to less censorship, less possibility of important information being deleted without prior notice, and fewer risks of potential bans from social media platforms from the owners of those platforms.
Best Social Media Platforms for Crypto Marketing
Let’s go over a crypto social media analysis. There are numerous crypto marketing social media platforms out there, and they include:
- Torum – an ad-free crypto social media platform.
- Minds – a social media platform that allows people to speak freely whilst earning crypto.
- SocialX – an open-source and community-driven distributed project that aims to be an alternative to Instagram.
- BitClout – a decentralized social network that has a custom-built blockchain to power and scales social applications to one billion users.
- D.Tube – the decentralized alternative to YouTube without any advertisements.
- Flote – a social network where users can share their art, performances, and stories.
- Cent – A social media platform that runs on Ethereum (ETH) and features long-form content, questions and answers, and solid visuals.
- Blockster – a popular crypto social media platform that features social media crypto coins, Social NFTs, games, services, staking, community governance, and peer-to-peer (P2P) transactions.
These are just some examples of the best crypto social media. Each platform has its own pros and provides something new and unique to the crypto-based social media sphere.
Upcoming Trends in Crypto-Based Social Media
There are numerous trends within crypto-based social media that arise on a monthly or even weekly basis.
The most recent development that took the crypto space by storm is the implementation of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) within social media platforms, where people require NFTs to visit specific pages or join clubs or can utilize NFTs as their profile picture in order to indicate that they are a crypto enthusiast and part of a specific community.
Based on data from NonFungible.com, it is clear that there is still a high level of NFT sales in the crypto space.
Alongside this, NFTs have been utilized to promote specific products and services by making NFT ownership a requirement in order to get real-world products, for example, all of which has boosted interest in decentralized products and services, all of which is accomplished through social media for crypto and block chain social media.